Surgical Techniques in Ophthalmology Series: Cataract Surgery
Whether you are in training or an established practitioner, the brand-new Surgical Techniques in Ophthalmology Series features the essential information you need on a variety of surgical maneuvers in six subspecialty areas. Every author has been carefully selected for each title based on their experience and wealth of clinical expertise. And, each book is presented in a concise, templated format that complements the commentary and procedures on the accompanying DVD.
Features explanations of surgical techniques combined with high-quality video clips that emphasize and illuminate key points.
Includes pros and cons, pearls and pitfalls, and tricks-of-the-trade for all techniques.
Presents detailed coverage of the main surgical areas in ophthalmic practice today.
Offers a consistent step-by-step approach to each procedure.
Lists equipment and instrumentation required for each procedure in appropriate chapters.
Uses full-color illustrations throughout each title.
Text with DVD
1. Introduction and general issues
2. Tool, facilities and the operating team
3. Anaesthesia for cataract surgery
4. Preparation for surgery
5. Wound placement and construction
7. Capsulorhexis and capsule problems
8. Hydrodissection and hydrodelineation
9. Nucleus removal strategies
10. Irrigation / Aspiration
11. Lens implantation
12. Post-operative care
13. Adjuncts for complex cases
14. Management of complications
Contents List of Video Clips
Ch 5. Wound placement and construction
- Wound scleral tunnel - Corneal tunnel - Stromal hydration - Stromal hydration - Cross stitch - Temporal wound - Extracaps wound
Ch 8. Hydrodissection and hydrodelineation
- Hydro golden ring - Hydrodissection wave
Ch 9. Nucleus removal strategies
- Phaco chop - Testing phaco reflux - D+C difficult rotation - Phaco chop - D+C high mag slow - Chip and flip - EC wound
Ch 10. Irrigation/Aspiration
- IA two types - IA straight only
Ch 11. Lens implantation
- Injected IOL - AC IOL - Acrysof insert - Cee-on insert
Ch 13. Adjuncts for complex cases
- Iris and caps hooks
Ch 14. Management of complications
- EC stitches - Ant vity and Triamcin