Neuro-Oncology: The Essentials
This completely updated new edition covers all the basics of neuro-oncology in a format that offers quick access to information. You'll find penetrating analysis of epidemiology, pathology, imaging and other investigation, and all aspects of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, and biological therapy of gliomas, metastatic disease, and selected other tumors. Each chapter is written by a well-respected authority in the field and reflects the editorial vision of two of neuro-oncology's leading researchers and practitioners.
- "Everything you need to know" in neuro-oncology in a concise, user-friendly format
- The most current information on image guidance and molecular-biological issues
- Highlighted sections on pearls, pitfalls, special considerations, and controversial issues
- Frank discussion and expert analysis from the leading authorities in the field
- References are limited to include only the most essential, up-to-date works
This is the first book to offer a brief, digestible summary of clinical neuro-oncology. It belongs on the shelf of any resident, neurosurgeon, or radiation oncologist.
2008, 2nd edition, 512 pp, 59 tables, 278 illustrations