Textbook Of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
Clearly organized into preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative sections covering diagnostics, anesthetic management, and physiologic and pharmacologic principles
Describes most of the diagnostic and evaluation methods currently used for patients with cardiothoracic disease
Explains the basic principles of the diagnostic methodology and the various diagnostic tests; compares values relative to other techniques and reports their limitations
Blends fundamental applications of anesthesiology with a practical focus
Encompasses a broad range of thoracic topics not treated in other references, including medastinal, esophageal, tracheal, lung, airway, aortic and pericardial surgeries
|Pubblicato:||2001 Hardback, 1180 pages|
1. Epidemiology & the Future of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology.
2. Learning Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology.
Section I: Preparing the Patient for Surgery.
3. History and Physical Examination.
5. Radiography of the Chest.
8. Myocardial Perfusion Imaging.
9. Stress Testing.
10. Anesthesia for Interventional Cardiology.
11. Pulmonary Function Testing.
Section II: Intraoperative Management.
A. General Principles.
12. The Cardiothoracic Operating Room.
14. Technology, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology of Cardiopulmonary Bypass.
15. Coagulation and Cardiopulmonary Bypass.
16. Cardiac Pharmacology.
17. Drug Interactions.
18. Perioperative Organ Protection.
19. Cardioprotection and Cardioplegia.
20. Lung Separation.
B. Anesthetic Management for Specific Surgical Procedures.
21. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Ischemic Heart Disease.
22. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Valvular Heart Disease.
23. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Pericardial Disease.
24. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of LV Outflow Tract Obstruction.
25. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Congenital Heart Disease.
26. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Thoracic Aortic Disease.
27. Anesthesia for Electrophysiologic Procedures.
28. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Congestive Heart Failure.
29. Anesthesia for Thoracic Endoscopic Procedures.
30. Anesthesia for Lung Resection Surgery.
31. Anesthesia for Lung Transplantation.
32. Anesthesia for the Surgical Management of Mediastinal Mass Lesions.
Section III: Postoperative Care.
33. The Immediate Postoperative Period.
34. Heart Failure.
35. Ventilatory Failure.
36. The Management of Arrhythmias.
37. CNS Outcome and Management.
38. Perioperative Acute Renal Failure.
39. Coagulation Problems.
40. Pain Management.
41. Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Issues.
42. ICU Emergencies.